Today we show you how to make a yummy Hawaiian chicken stew! Enjoy the tastes of summer with this recipe straight from Hawaii. You can never go wrong with a chicken stew, especially this one. Let us know what you think.
Hawaiian Chicken Stew
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- ¾ Cup Soy Sauce
- ¾ Cup Mirin
- 8 Oz. Shitake Mushrooms
- 2.5 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 3 Pounds Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tablespoons Ginger Grated
- 2 Carrotes Slivered
- 1 Yellow Onion Diced
- 1 Can Baby Corn 14 Oz.
- 1 Can Sliced Bamboo Shoots 14 Oz.
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Bag Watercress
- 1 Pound Baby Bok Choy Cut & Trimmed
- Whisk together your brown sugar, soy sauve, and mirin. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat your sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add your chicken thighs and increase the heat to high. Saute until the meat is mostly cooked. Aroun 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add your carrots, onion, baby corn, bamboo shoots, chicken broth, mushrooms, and the mixture from step one to the chicken. Bring this to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to simmer/medium low heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!