Today we dive into the festive spirit with an irresistible Pumpkin Loaf Cake featuring a luscious cream cheese heart. This recipe is not only a perfect practice run before Thanksgiving but also an amazing alternative to the classic pumpkin pie. Follow along as I guide you through each step, ensuring your loaf comes out of the oven with that beautiful festive design and an aroma to die for. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or new to the kitchen, this pumpkin loaf with its hidden cream cheese treasure is sure to impress at your holiday table!
Thanksgiving Pumpkin Loaf with Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare a loaf pan with baking spray.
- Combine flour, soda, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- Thoroughly mix sugar, eggs, pumpkin, vanilla, butter, and milk.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and combine.
- In another small bowl, combine filling ingredients.
- Pour half of pumpkin batter in pan.
- With a spoon, make an indentation in the center of the batter.
- Pour the cream cheese filling in the center of the indentation.
- Then pour in the remaining pumpkin batter.
- Tap gently on counter to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack.