Pasta is comfort food in our house. We love the summer when we can use fresh tomatoes from our garden for our homemade pasta sauce. In the winter, we still have delicious homemade pasta, just with canned tomato! This recipe is so simple and delicious. You only need four ingredients for the entire dish and you’ll really impress your family and friends with this homemade meal! I add a cup of muffuletta – I got this at Costco, but you can find this anywhere. This adds a nice flavor to the sauce – I wanted to add olives but I didn’t have any so I tried this one day and now it’s our favorite! Please let me know if you tried this dish and what you thought of this! I hope you enjoy it!
3 Step Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 1 Whole Onion
- 28 Oz. Can of Tomatoes Whole or Diced
- 1 Cup muffuletta
- 1 Box of Pasta
- Parmesan Cheese to serve
- Boil water and cook your pasta. Do the rest of the steps while the pasta is cooking.
- Dice and Saute your onions for around 3 minutes.
- Add your muffuletta to the onions and let them cook.
- While the onions and muffuletta are cooking, dice your tomatoes (if they aren’t already diced).
- Add your tomatoes to the onions and muffuletta. Cook everything together for around 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add your cooked pasta to the sauce, mix it all up, and serve! Top with parmesan cheese if you like 🙂