Chicken noodle soup is a staple in my house. It’s easy, cheap, yummy, and healthy! Using a whole chicken allows for the benefits of bone broth with that classic chicken broth taste. You can use noodles in your dish or you can keep this keto/gluten-free by removing the noodles! The Instant Pot is a no fear cooking appliance – you get the flavor of a few hours over the stove in just 1 hour and it’s simple to use (30 minutes to build pressure, 30 to cook on high pressure)! The vegetables used in this dish are what we always have in the house, if you don’t have one, don’t worry about it – add in whatever you have!
I like to only make my chicken noodle soup fresh – I always have the broth handy because it’s so easy to make a yummy soup! I take out the broth I need for fresh soup each day. I also find that if I cook it fresh, the noodles don’t become mushy.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 whole chicken fryer
- 8 cups of water enough to cover chicken in pot
- 1 whole onion
- 4 whole carrots peeled
- 4 ribs of celery
- 1 parsnip peeled
- 1 leek
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp chicken bullion
- Egg Noodles or any noodle you would like to use
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh pepper
- Wash your chicken and remove skin from chicken with a knife.
- Place chicken in Instant Pot.
- Add all veggies (whole), salt, and bullion.
- Cover chicken and veggies with water up to the max-fill line marker.
- Close Instant Pot Lid and set to high pressure for 30 minutes.
- When done, release steam.
- Take out the chicken, remove the veggies, and put half of the broth for reserve for a later date.
- But broth in pot, add pasta and cook until done.
- While pasta is cooking, cut up chicken and carrots to add to soup.
- Top with fresh pepper, parsley, and Parmesan cheese to serve.