Today we show you how to cook a super easy Asian chicken schnitzel! This recipe is great for parties, for a meal, or to have throughout the week!
Asian Chicken Schnitzel Recipe
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon hot chili oil
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⅓ tablespoon dry Sheri 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoon corn starch
- panko bread crumbs
- 4 cups oil
- 2 cups of ramen
- Frozen veggies of choice
- Mix 1 teaspoon of pepper, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1 tablespoon of hot chili oil, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of dry Sheri. Once it is mixed, put it in a ziplock bag with your chicken and let your chicken marinate in this for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Take 4 tablespoons of flour, 3 tablespoons of corn starch, 1 teaspoon of sugar, and a dash of black pepper and mix (not for long, just to get everything combined). Then, take 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of chili oil, 2 teaspoons of dry Sheri, and 2 tablespoons of water and mix. Once mixed, combine this with the dry ingredients (flour, corn starch, sugar, pepper mix). You want to mix these until it’s almost a glue-like consistency.
- Take your chicken out of the marinade and put it in the batter from step 2. Once the chicken breasts have been coated with this batter, mix it with your panko bread crumbs.
- Warm 4 cups of oil in a pan and let it warm up. Slowly, add your chicken to the oil, cooking each side for around 3 minutes. After that, the Asian chicken schnitzel is ready!
- (Optional) Cook your 2 cups of ramen (follow whatever directions are on the packaging) and strain the water from it when it is cooked. Saute or stir fry your veggies of choice. When the veggies are done, combine them with the strained ramen and enjoy it with your Asian chicken schnitzel!