Chicken cordon blue…casserole? That’s right, we’re flipping chicken cordon bleu on its head and turning it into a casserole. We first tried this dish around a month ago and the family loved it so much that we had to make this for you. We can’t wait for you to try it 🙂
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Recipe!
- 3 Lbs Chicken Breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2.5 Cups Ham cubed
- 1.5 Cups Swizz Cheese grated
- 1.5 Cups Monterey Jack Cheese grated
- 3-4 Tablespoons Country Dijon Mustard
- ½ Cup Regular Bread Crumbs
- ½ Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Cups Milk
- ½ Cup Flour
- Olive Oil & Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a bowl. Mix it all around the chicken cubes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large pan and put on medium-high. Cook your chicken in the pan for 3 minutes. Let it get brown on one side, mix it, and try to brown the other side for another 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of milk to the chicken. Mix well and let cook for about 2 minutes. Add your Dijon mustard and mix until everything is incorporated. Add the remaining milk. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- In a casserole dish, layer half of the chicken on the bottom. Cover with cheese and all of the ham. Add more cheese on top of the ham. Add the rest of the chicken followed by the rest of the cheese.
- Mix your breadcrumbs together and sprinkle on top of the casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes. It will bubble when it is ready.
- Serve and enjoy!