Travel to Tahiti with this Tahitian chicken recipe! This chicken Tahiti is authentic and uses ingredients that will make you feel like you’re on vacation in your home. Let us know what you think!
Take a trip to Tahiti without leaving your home with this tasty chicken Tahiti recipe! The flavors and smells are out of this world. Plus, it's a simple recipe anyone can do.
- 2 Full Chicken Breasts
- 2 Scallions Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Sherry Wine
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Pound Bok Choy Chopped 1/8 Inch Thick
- 2 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
- 3-4 Cups Chicken Broth
- Dash Ground Pepper
- 1 Can (5 Oz) Water Chestnuts Drained, Rinsed, and Sliced
- 6 Oz Snow Peas
- Cut your chicken breasts into rectangular strips.
- In a bowl, combine your chicken breasts with all of the ingredients listed under "marinade" above. Mix them together and marinate for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add your chicken slices and cook until your chicken is brown (around 10 minutes).
- Add your bok choy, pepper, oyster sauce, chicken broth, and salt. Mix everything together and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add your water chestnuts and snow peas. Mix and cook for another 4 minutes. If the gravy is not thick enough, add around 2 teaspoons of cornstarch.
- Turn off heat, let sit for a few minutes, serve and enjoy! We prefer serving this with a side of rice.
Hi Magda, I love the simplicity of this recipe and it does remind me of home a lot. I am so happy to have come across your recipe as I am planning to make some poisson cru for my family this weekend and another dish to go along with it to accommodate the children who don’t eat fish. It made it so easy for me to decide on your dish as soon as I saw it. Thank you so much.
I’m so happy to hear that you like the recipe!! That made my day 🙂