We continue our month of crepes! Today’s easy crepe recipe? The Crepe Suzette. This flambéed crepe is going to be your favorite dessert once you get a taste of it! That’s right, we flambe this crepe. Fire, Grand Marnier, and crepes sound like time well spent to me. See you again next week 🙂
Crepe Suzette Flambé Recipe!
- 6 Eggs
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Oil or Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Cups Mineral Water
- 1.5 Cups Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- Zest of an Orange
- 1 Orange Rind cut into small strips
- 8 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Cups Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 Match
- Mix eggs, salt, vanilla, sugar, butter, and half of the water together.
- Add flour and mix.
- Add remaining water and mix.
For Sauce (use a large pan that can fit 6 folded crepes):
- Put your sugar on a pan and cook until caramelized. Add orange zest and orange slices around halfway through this.
- After the sugar is caramelized, add your butter and let everything incorporate.
- Turn the heat on high for a few seconds to make sure everything gets nice and hot.
- Turn off the heat (important!), add the Grand Marnier, and light it on fire with a match. Be careful during this step! The alcohol will evaporate on its own.
- Put the heat back on once the flames are gone. Add orange juice and continue to cook for around 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Fold your crepes into triangles and add them to your sauce. Cook for 1 minute on one side and 30 seconds on the other side.
- Serve and enjoy! This goes particularly well with ice cream.