We love beef barley stew! The barley adds so much texture and thickness to this meal. We really love this recipe because it makes great leftovers!
Instant Pot Beef Barley Stew Recipe
- 3 chopped onions
- 1-1.5 lbs mushrooms cut in quarters
- 3 carrots
- 4 stalks of celery
- 2.5 lbs of beef chuck cut into large chunks
- 1 qt beef broth
- 1 qt chicken broth
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 cups pearl barley
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a pan, brown the beef chuck chunks, salt meat to your liking at this point.
- Put olive oil in Instant Pot and sauté your onions, mushrooms, & celery.
- Add browned meat into your Instant Pot, on top of the sautéed veggies.
- Add barley, carrots, beef broth, & chicken broth.
- Stir well & cover Instant Pot.
- Set Instant Pot on high pressure for 40 min, with quick release.
- Top with parsley and enjoy!