Today we teach you the most delicious mashed sweet potato recipe we know of!!
Easy Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Today we teach you the most delicious mashed sweet potato recipe we know of! We hope you enjoy this tasty recipe!
- 5 Pounds Sweet Potatoes approx. 6 sweet potatoes
- Half a Stick of Butter
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Orange Juice fresh squeezed or store-bought, either work!
- ½ Teaspoon White Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- Begin this recipe by peeling all of your sweet potatoes and then cut each individual sweet potato into around 8 slices.
- Then, simply put your sweet potatoes into a pot, add enough water to cover them all, and then put it on the stove on high. Wait for your water to start boiling.
- Once boiling, add your tablespoon of salt and reduce the heat to medium/medium-high.
- After around 10-20 minutes they should be soft but it is very important that you frequently check, you don’t want to over-boil your sweet potatoes! When the sweet potatoes are soft, strain them and then start mashing them for just a minute so they break down.
- Next, add all of the other ingredients and mash again until they are nice and creamy!
- Once done, the last thing you have to do is put them in an oven-safe pan and let them cook for 40-45 minutes at 375F!!! We hope you enjoy!!