Today we teach you the most delicious mashed sweet potato recipe we know of!!
Easy Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 5 Pounds Sweet Potatoes approx. 6 sweet potatoes
- Half a Stick of Butter
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Orange Juice fresh squeezed or store-bought, either work!
- ½ Teaspoon White Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- Begin this recipe by peeling all of your sweet potatoes and then cut each individual sweet potato into around 8 slices.
- Then, simply put your sweet potatoes into a pot, add enough water to cover them all, and then put it on the stove on high. Wait for your water to start boiling.
- Once boiling, add your tablespoon of salt and reduce the heat to medium/medium-high.
- After around 10-20 minutes they should be soft but it is very important that you frequently check, you don’t want to over-boil your sweet potatoes! When the sweet potatoes are soft, strain them and then start mashing them for just a minute so they break down.
- Next, add all of the other ingredients and mash again until they are nice and creamy!
- Once done, the last thing you have to do is put them in an oven-safe pan and let them cook for 40-45 minutes at 375F!!! We hope you enjoy!!