Today we show you how easy it is to make Steak Esterhazy!
Simple Steak Esterhazy Recipe
On today's episode of No Fear Cooking, we show you how easy it is to make Steak Esterhazy! Let us know how you like it 🙂
- 4 Sirloin Steak
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 Carrots Diced
- 2 Sticks of Celery Diced
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 tbsp Hungarian Paprika
- 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2¾ Cup Beef Stock OR 2¾ cup water & 1 Beef Bouillon
- ½ cup Tomato Sauce/Pure
- 2 tbsp Capers rinsed & drained
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 tbsp Sour Cream
- Lemon Juice around half a lemon or to liking
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Salt & pepper your steak and sear both sides in an ovenproof casserole dish until golden on both sides.
- Remove your steak and put it off to the side temporarily. Saute your diced carrots, celery, and onion along with the paprika for about 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Use the same casserole dish that you sauteed your steaks with for the veggies. After 3-4 minutes of sauteing your veggies, add 1 tablespoon of flour, stir, and let it cook for two minutes with your vegetables.
- Add the tomato sauce/puree and the beef stock (or beef bouillon w/ water) to your veggies and let it come to a boil. Once boiling, add the capers and Worcestershire Sauce. Mix and then add your steak back into the sauce. Put a lid on your casserole dish and put it in the oven for about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove your casserole dish from the oven, open the lid, and once again, take the steak out and put it on the side for now. Add your sour cream and lemon juice, mix. After mixing, return the steak to the sauce and you are ready to serve this delicious and wonderful meal! Serves 4.