Today we show you how to make an easy salmon chowder! This recipe is simple and absolutely delicious, a guaranteed hit for your family and friends!!
Easy Salmon Chowder Recipe
Today we show you how to make an easy salmon chowder! This recipe is simple and delicious, a guaranteed hit for your family and friends!
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 onion diced
- 1 leek diced
- 1 shallot diced
- 6 potatoes diced (around 2.5 pounds)
- 2 pounds salmon diced small
- 8- 10 oz frozen corn
- 7 cups water
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1.5 tablespoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream OR half- and- half
- 1 rounded tablespoon flour
- parsley for garnish on top
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 celeries diced
- Put the bacon in a large pan and fry it for about 8 to 10 minutes. Until crisp. Remove it from the pan and put it on paper towels to drain. Remove all but about 2 tablespoons of bacon fat from the pan.
- Next put the carrots, celery, onion, leek & shallot into the pan. Sauté for about five minutes. You should put 1 tablespoon of salt in with that mixture so it will help sweat the vegetables. Towards the end of the vegetables sauteing, add and mix your rounded tablespoon of flower.
- Add the potatoes, corn, and broth at the same time and let simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes
- After around 10 to 15 minutes of the potatoes and everything cooking, add the salmon for another 4-5 minutes. Once you start cooking everything it should be on medium to medium-high.
- Once the salmon is cooked 4-5 minutes, taste and if necessary add another half teaspoon of salt. Add half and half along with parsley. Bring it to boil and stop.