No Fear Cooking brings you our famous french bread (baguette) recipe! We make these baguettes every single week. The best part is that it’s 10 minutes of prep and then you are done! This specific french bread baguette recipe makes for 2 total loaves. Recipe below 🙂
French Baguette Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Yeast
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vital Wheat Gluten
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2.5 Cups White Flour
- 1.5 Cups Water warm, microwave for 30 seconds
- Combine your yeast, salt, brown sugar, wheat gluten, olive oil, whole wheat flour, water, and 1 cup of white flour in a bowl and begin mixing. Total, you’ll be mixing/kneading for around 8-10 minutes.
- Continue mixing, adding another .5 cup of flour every 2 minutes or so. When you have around .5 cups of flour total left to add, remove your dough from the bowl and knead it on a counter.
- Knead the dough (refer to video) while slowly incorporating the final .5 cups of flour. You know your dough is done when you press on it and it springs back.
- Place your dough into a bowl, cover it, and let it rise for an hour.
- After an hour, remove your dough and put it on a counter. Cut it in half and shape it into a baguette. Place it on a pan and cover it with a towel for around 20-30 minutes to let it rise (again).
- After 20-30 minutes, remove the towel covering your baguette, put your baguette in the oven, and cook it for 20 minutes at 425 F.
- Remove and enjoy!