Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing
Ditch the store-bought Caesar salad dressing for this tasty, homemade Caesar salad dressing!
Ingredients for dressing:
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon or less garlic minced (optional and not too much or else it will break your sauce)
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 anchovy filets mashed
- 1 cup of vegetable oil slightly less
- ⅓ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Ingredients for the salad:
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce
- Fresh grated/slice Parmesan
- 2 cups of croutons
- A protein of your choice Chicken, salmon, shrimp
Directions for dressing:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, lemon juice, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, dijon, and anchovy fillets.
- Once mixed, slowly whisk in your oils to emulsify.
- Whisk enough to form a mayo-type substance.
- Do not over whisk because the oil could separate after it’s finished. Use as much as you’d like for a salad.
- This will last 1 week in the fridge.
Directions for the salad:
- Clean and cut romaine.
- Add the cut salad to a large mixing bowl along with parmesan, croutons, and dressing.
- Add to salad plate and top with a protein of choice or with no protein.