Today we are showing you a delicious orange chicken recipe that has become a favorite of ours! This citrusy chicken recipe is a classic dish in Israel and infuses flavors like orange, lemon, honey, and dry mustard. The end result is a flavor that will blow you away! Let us know what you think.
Mediterranean Citrus Chicken
- 1 Chicken Cut into 8 pieces
- 3 Oranges
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Rounded Tablespoon Dry Mustard
- 3 ½ Tablespoons Honey
- ½ Stick Butter
- 1 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- Put chicken on tray and salt all pieces of the chicken into the pan that you’ll be cooking the chicken on. Leave with skin side up for 4 hours in the fridge (can leave overnight).
- Grate rinds of orange and lemon, add 1 tsp salt, mustard powder, and honey. Mix well to make a paste.
- Add melted 1/2 stick of butter and pour over chicken.
- Spoon citrus honey mustard paste onto chicken pieces.
- Mix orange and lemon juice then pour into a pan. Do not put on chicken!
- Let sit for 30 minutes and preheat oven to 350.
- Place chicken into preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Take chicken out and baste Chicken with juices.
- Put back into the oven for another 40-45 minutes. The skin should be nice and brown.
- Enjoy and serve with rice and other sides!