Eat like a president with this delicious Pork Loin Picante recipe straight from the White House archives! That’s right, this recipe has been eaten by multiple presidents throughout history. You’ll understand why presidents throughout history loved this spicy-sweet pork recipe the second you try it. This has quickly become a house favorite!
Presidential Pork Loin Picante
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 Pounds Boneless Pork Loin Cubed
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 15 Ounces (1 Jar) Mild, Thick and Chunky Salsa
- 8 Ounces Apricot Preserves
- Place your cumin, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, and chili powder in a small bowl and mix everything together.
- Cube your pork loin and sprinkle your seasoning on top. Mix everything together with your hands, making sure to evenly spread across the seasoning.
- Add olive oil and butter to a large nonstick skillet and heat until medium-hot.
- Add pork cubes and brown (one side for around 3 minutes, then flip and do the other side for around 2 minutes).
- Add salsa and apricot preserves to skillet; stir to mix well. Cover and lower heat to a simmer.
- Let it simmer for 15 minutes. Mix around once or twice in between.
- Serve and enjoy!