My family put together a goodie basket of food! It turns out they got me everything I need to make one of my favorite recipes – chicken Marengo. In this video, we’ll go step by step through this recipe so you can see how easy, tasty, and nutritious chicken Marengo is. Enoy 🙂
- 8 oz of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 3 pound of boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 green onions just the white ends
- ½ cup of dry white wine
- 3 plum tomatoes or 2 regular tomatoes – quartered
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- Sautee mushrooms in 2 Tablespoons of butter for 2 minutes.
- Take mushrooms out and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil and the remaining butter to skillet
- Add chicken and sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper
- Sautee chicken for 5 minutes on one side. Flip chicken and add onions. Cook for another 3-4 minutes
- Add tomatoes and wine
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Add the mushrooms about 5 minutes before dish is finished cooking.
- When finished sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!