Enjoy this quick and comforting tamale pie recipe. Cook along with me as a make this mouthwatering dish with delicious ingredients. Plus, this tamale pie recipe is easy to make! Enjoy 🙂
- 2 pounds of Ground Chuck or Sirloin
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 can 16 Oz. whole tomatoes
- 1 can 16 Oz. whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1-2 Tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of Salt
- ½ tsp. of Pepper
- ½ tsp. of Paprika
- 1 can 6 Oz. pitted black kalamata olives, drained
- 4 cups water or milk
- 2 cups polenta cornmeal
- ½ tsp of Salt
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 2 cups of shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Brown your chuck/sirloin and onion together.
- Add tomatoes (with juice), corn, chili powder, salt, pepper and paprika. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add olives.
- While meat is simmering mix the water/milk with the cornmeal and cook until thickened. Once
- it reaches that consistency, use it to line the bottom of a greased 3-quart casserole dish.
- Add meat mixture on top of cornmeal and then top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!