February 1 marks the start of the Chinese New Year! In honor of that, we thought we’d show you all how to make this delicious Chinese casserole recipe. It’s loaded with tons of healthy foods like chicken breasts, onions, and peppers. We also add in some great seasonings that give this dish a real kick like oyster sauce, soy sauce, mushroom sauce, and more. Enjoy and make this delicious Chinese casserole recipe in honor of the Chinese New Year!
Chinese Casserole Recipe
- 3 Cup Chicken Cooked & Chopped
- ½ Cup Onions Chopped
- ½ Cup Celery Chopped
- ½ Cup Red or Green Peppers Chopped
- 1 Can Sliced Waterchestnuts
- ½ Can Sliced Mushrooms
- ½ Can Straw Mushrooms
- 1 Can Baby Corn
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- ¼ Cup Dry Sherry Wine
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Mushroom Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 Can Chinese Noodles
- Arrange ingredients in layers in a 9×13 casserole dish. Start with the cooked chicken on the bottom layer followed by all of the ingredients EXCEPT for the chicken soup, sherry, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and mushroom sauce.
- In a bowl, mix together your chicken soup, sherry, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and mushroom sauce. Pour it over the casserole.
- Bake at 324°F for one hour. In the final five minutes, add you Chinese noodles.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can find straw mushrooms, oyster sauce, and mushroom sauce at your local Asian supermarket! If not, check online for them. Also, you can use a whole can of normal mushrooms or a whole can of straw mushrooms if that is all you have.