Monkfish, AKA poor man’s lobster, is one of our favorite ingredients to use. We just picked up some monkfish and decided to show your our tastiest, savory monkfish recipes. This dish infuses monkfish, apples, tomatoes, cumin, cinnamon, and so many other flavors into one dish. You’re going to love the tastes and you, your friends, and your family will come back for seconds day after day. Enjoy this super easy and simple monkfish recipe!
Savory Monkfish with Apple and Aromatic Vegetables
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Onions Sliced
- 2 Cups Carrots Matchstick-Sized
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger or Ginger Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Curry Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Dry Basil
- 2 Teaspoons Salts
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ to ¾ Cup White Wine
- 2 Cups Peeled Tomatoes from a Can Drained
- 2 to 3 Cups Golden Delicious Apples Diced
- 2 Pounds Monkfish Fillet Cubed
- In a large pot, heat olive oil, onions, carrots, ginger, cumin, curry powder, cinnamon, basil, salt, and black pepper on medium heat. Stir in the cooking wine. Lower your heat to a simmer and cover the pan for 7 to 10 minutes so that the flavors combine.
- Remove your lid and add the tomatoes and apples to the pot. Turn the temperature to medium-low and simmer with the lid on for 10 minutes (if you use fresh tomatoes, it might take longer). Gently stir every once in a while.
- Add your monkfish and simmer with the lid on for 5 to 6 minutes (until the monkfish is soft, test it with a fork).
- Serve and enjoy!