We love using our Instant Pot. It makes cooking so easy! For this recipe, I use my Instant pot again. This is not a typical flavor profile in our house, but we decided to try this recipe one day and now it is a staple! The spices with the sweet flavor of the apricots and raisins give this a warm and sweet flavor.
Be sure to cut your meat into larger chunks before cooking because they will shrink once cooked. You want to have nice chunks of meat in this stew!
You’ll be amazed at how the apricots and raisins just melt into the sauce – you cannot find them once cooked!
I hope you enjoy it. Let me know if you tried this and what you think!
Instant Pot Moroccan Chickpea Stew Recipe
- 2.5-3 lbs Beef Chuck Pot Roast
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Large Onions Chopped
- 3-4 Stalks of Celery
- 6 Carrots Big Chunks
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Cups Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 Can Chickpeas Rinsed and Drained
- 2-3 Potatoes
- ½ Cup Dried Chopped Apricots
- ½ Cup of Golden Raisons
- Cut your beef chuck roast into large chunks. Slightly larger than bite-size because they will shrink when cooked.
- Salt and pepper your cut meat.
- In a pan, brown the meat chunks with olive oil. Cook for around 4 minutes on each side.
- While your meat is browning, turn your Instant Pot to Sauté and sauté your onions and celery.
- After 1 minute, add all your spices to the onions and celery. Mix.
- When your meat is done browning, add it to your instant pot along with the apricots and raisins.
- Add beef broth and mix well.
- Close the lid and start your Instant Pot on high for 40 minutes (20 minutes per pound).
- After 40 minutes of cooking, let your Instant Pot slow release the pressure for 15 minutes. Release the rest of the pressure with the red button on the top after 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add your chickpeas, potatoes, and carrots to the Instant Pot. Close the lid and star the Instant Pot on high for 4-5 minutes.
- Once done, quick release the pressure, serve, and enjoy!