Wondering what to do with your leftover Thanksgiving turkey? Turn it into this delicious Turkey Terrapin (which we call our luxurious Thanksgiving leftovers)! In 20 minutes you’ll turn that Thanksgiving turkey into a brand new meal filled with healthy nutrients from mushrooms, eggs, and more.
Luxurious Thanksgiving Leftovers
- ½ Stick Butter
- 2 Cups Turkey or Chicken Cubed & Cooked
- ¼ Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock Warmed
- 1 Cup Light Cream or Milk Warmed
- 1 Cup Mushrooms Sauteed
- 2 Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Salt To Taste
- Pepper To Taste
- ¼ Cup Sherry To Taste
- Melt butter in a frying pan.
- Mix turkey or chicken well with flour and add to butter, cook for 2 minutes. Add stock and blend well, stirring to keep mixture smooth.
- Add cream, mushrooms, egg whites cut into strips, and egg yolks sieved.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Cook slowly until thick and creamy. Around 4 minutes.
- Spoon over toasted and buttered English muffins and garnish with chopped parsley and sherry.