Perfect for this upcoming Thanksgiving, this Praline Pumpkin Torte recipe is delicious and a family favorite. It’s a perfect Thanksgiving dessert because there’s enough to feed your entire family! Tell us what you think 🙂
Praline Pumpkin Torte Recipe
- 1 ½ Cups Brown Sugar
- 10 Tablespoons Butter
- 6 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 ½ Cups Chopped Pecans
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 ⅔ Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Canola Oil
- 2 Cups Canned Pumpkins
- ¼ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 ¾ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream Cold
- 1 ¼ Cup Confectionary Sugar
- ⅓ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a pan, melt your butter, brown sugar, and heavy whipping cream together. Bring them to a slow boil (around 1 minute). Cook stirring over low heat.
- Immediately pour the sauce into two well-greased, 9 or 10 inch round baking pans. Springle with around half a cup of chopped pecans in each pan. Put it on the side. (Note: keep some extra sauce on the side, we only use 1/2 cup of the glaze for each pan).
- eat the eggs, sugar, and oil together. Add pumpkin and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Blend everything together well.
- Carefully spoon the batter over the praline glaze mixture (both pans equally).
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- After it is done, take it out and let it cool for 5 minutes. Then, remove them and leave them on a wire rack to cool completely (around 30 minutes).
- Beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confection sugar and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form.
Putting it Together
- Take one layer of the cake, with the praline side up, and place it on a serving plate. Spread 2/3 of the icing over the cake.
- Top this with the second layer of the cake (again, with the praline side up). Spread the remainder of the icing on top. Sprinkle with additional pecans and sauce if you desire.
- Serve and enjoy!