Hello again everyone, we are back with another episode of No Fear Cooking! We do a throwback with this one and react to a video of Magda cooking a wonderful Moroccan Chickpea Soup. Talk about good ? This recipe is so simple and it literally takes two steps. You can’t get any easier than that! We hope you enjoy this one. Keep the feedback coming, we read every comment and cherish all of them 🙂
Moroccan Chickpea Soup Recipe
A healthy, flavorful soup that is a staple in some Mediterranean countries. This recipe is packed with protein and fiber.
- 3 Potatoes
- 1 Onion
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Zucchini
- 2 Cans Chickpeas Rinsed (each can 15.5 oz)
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Chicken Bouillon
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- Salt to Taste we did 1 Teaspoon
- ¼ Teaspoon Crumbled Saffron Threads
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 4 to 6 Cups of Water depends how thick you want it
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley
- Melt butter in a large soup dish/dutch oven on medium-high. Add your onions, sugar, salt, and cook for around 5 minutes. Stir in your paprika, saffron, ginger, and cumin and cook for another minute or so, not too long. Next, add your chickpeas, potatoes, tomatoes, pepper, zucchini, water, and chicken bouillon. Stir everything together and let it cook for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- With a spoon, mash some of the potatoes on the side of the dish to help thicken. You don’t need to do too many. Add your parsley, stir, and voila! You can take it off the heat and now serve this delicious Moroccan Chickpea Soup to your family and friends!