We are back from our break and season two of No Fear Cooking has begun! Today we bring you an absolutely amazing Pasta with Chicken & Capers. This is a staple in Rome & throughout Italy. We absolutely love this pasta with chicken & capers, we think you will too! Suggest us more recipes to do in the comments below or let us know how you liked this recipe 🙂
Pasta with Chicken and Capers Recipe
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- ½ Cup Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Cup Black Olives
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Red Onion
- Half a White Onion
- 3 Cups Uncooked Penne or any other pasta
- 3 Tablespoons Capers rinsed & drained
- 1 Cup Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Chopped Basel
- Freshly Shaved Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Season your flour with salt and pepper, then toss the chicken in the seasoned flour and set to the side.
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil. Add the penne and cook according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a large skillet. Add your chicken and cook for 8 minutes or until golden on all sides, stirring frequently. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion to the oil remaining in the skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until softened, stirring frequently.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Stir in the mascarpone cheese, black olives, capers, whole grain mustard, & lemon juice stirring gently, until smooth.
- Drain the penne thoroughly and return to the pan. Pour over the sauce and toss well to coat. Arrange the pasta on plates & sprinkle the shaved Romano and Basel on top. Serve and enjoy!