Pumpkin season is around the corner and we decided to show you one of our absolute favorite recipes: pumpkin pie! Watch along with Magda and make the best pumpkin pie you’ll ever have in only 20 minutes! Check below for how to make this awesome pumpkin pie and to see the ingredients needed. Thank you to everyone who has been watching no fear cooking, we love the support!
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2.5 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- pie dough we use Pillsbury pie crusts, it comes with 2
- Layer your pie dish with the pie crust and put it in the oven at 375 F for 20 minutes. It’s important that you add the filling to the pie as soon as the 20 minutes is finished so make sure to do all the other steps right after this.
- For the filling: process the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, spices, and salt in a food processor until combined, about 1 minute. Transfer the pumpkin mixture to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook the pumpkin, stirring constantly, until thick and shiny, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the cream and milk, return to a simmer briefly, then remove from heat.
- Process the eggs in the food processor (no need to clean the processor bowl of residual pumpkin) until uniform, about 5 seconds. With the machine running, slowly add about half the hot pumpkin mixture through the feed tube. Stop the machine, add the remaining pumpkin, and continue to process the mixture until uniform, about 30 seconds longer.
- Immmediately pour the warm filling into the hot, partially baked pie crust. If you have any extra filling, ladle it into the pie after it has baked for about 5 minutes, by which time the filling will have settled. Bake at 400F until the filling is puffed and lightly cracked around the edges and the center wiggled slightly when jiggled about 25 minutes. Transfer the pie to a wire rack and cool until warm!