Today No Fear Cooking brings you a yummy summer pasta salad recipe! This recipe is light, quick, and packed with nutritious veggies. And, you can whip this up in 10 minutes. We love this so much that we made it three times just this week. It’s a staple in Italy and it’s modular too! Swap out ingredients as much as you want, just make sure to keep the dressing the same! Talk about easy, tasty, and fun!
Magda tip – while water is boiling, cut all of your fresh ingredients and make your dressing. That way you can just dump everything together! It’s such a quick and easy dish to make. Enjoy the summer with a glass of white wine. Try it with different vegetables for a variety!
Magda tip 2 – if you are looking for a good gluten-free pasta try Ronzoni. It’s made from cauliflower, fava beans, and rice flour. It’s delicious!
Magda tip 3 – If you don’t want to make your own dressing you can use a store-bought dressing. I like Kent’s steakhouse light balsamic vinaigrette. It’s just as good if you are in a pinch and need something made for you.
Summer Pasta Salad
- 1 box of bow tie pasta
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- ½ red pepper thinly sliced
- ½ yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 10 oz Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ½ cup olives sliced
- 2 tablespoon muffalata optional, add if you have it
- 10 oz frozen sugar snap peas defrost before
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan & Asiago & mozzarella cheese to add to your preference
- Cook your pasta according to the box.
- While pasta is cooking, make the dressing. Add oil, salt and pepper – mix. Add red wine vinegar and lemon – mix. Set dressing to the side.
- Once pasta is done, place into large bowl and gently toss in the homemade dressing – mix.
- Add tomatoes, red and yellow peppers, onions, olives, muffalata, peas, and cheese.
- Mix and enjoy! Top with extra cheese!