Today, No Fear Cooking shows you how to make Swedish meatballs! This recipe is delicious and has a wonderful gravy that accompanies it. Optional bake method: Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and place your formed meatballs on the lined baking sheet. Preheat oven 400. Cook for 20-25 minutes (will form a crust). While baking, start on your sauce. When the meatballs are done in the oven, put them into the sauce to cook for 25-30 minutes on medium heat. Stir every once in a while.
Swedish Meatball Recipe
- 2 Pounds Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Slices Bread
- 1 Onion
- 2 Potatoes
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 3-4 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ Cup Flour
- 3 Cups of Water
- 2 Beef Bouillon
- 1 Cup Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Dice your potatoes and boil them for around 15 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the potatoes. After the 15 minutes, drain your potatoes but make sure to keep the water that the potatoes boiled in!
- Dice your onions and saute them on medium heat for around 10 minutes. Add 1-2 teaspoons of salt while they are sauteing.
- Mix your strained potatoes with your onions for a brief moment. Beat two eggs in a cup and add them to the potatoes and onions. Then, add 1 teaspoon of salt, add your meat, and your white pepper to the mixture. Soak your two slices of bread in the potato water and add that to your mixture as well. At this point, you can begin mixing all of these ingredients together. We use our hands but you can also mix with a spatula, spoon, etc!
- Roll the meat mixture into balls. The size doesn’t have to be exact, do what you think you would like! Use our video for reference to what size we personally prefer in our household.
- Fry your meatballs on a pan at medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Cook each side for 4 minutes. Afterward, remove the meatballs from the pan and set them on the side as we prepare out gravy.
- In one pan, heat up your three cups of water with your 2 beef cubes to make your beef stock. Give it a stir so it can all incorporate. In a separate pan, add half a stick of butter and let it melt. Once melted, add a half cup of flour and mix it briefly with 1 teaspoon of pepper. Slowly add the hot beef stock and mix on medium heat. Once all of that is incorporated and mixed well, add 1 cup of cream and mix. Add your meatballs to the gravy, let it cook on simmer for 40 – 60 minutes, and your meatballs are ready to go!