Enjoy this wonderful tuna pasta recipe straight from Blaine’s family in Italy!
Tuna Pasta Recipe
Learn how to make one of our favorite Italian family recipes, tuna pasta! In this video, you will find a step-by-step guide to making this delicious meal!
- 1 can anchovies without capers
- 3 cans tuna in olive oil (5 oz per can)
- 2 cans Hunts Tomato Sauce (28 oz per can) you also might consider using 1 can of regular Tomato Sauce and 1 can of No Salt Tomato sauce. This is up to your taste preferences
- 1 tsp of white or black pepper whatever you prefer
- 1 box Rigatoni or other twisty pasta
- In a medium pan saute, on medium heat, put the anchovies in their own oil until they separate (about 3 minutes)
- Add tuna with its own oil and saute for about 5 minutes still on medium. Break apart the tuna until it is no longer in large chunks.
- Pour on top of this all the tomato sauce and cook for 10 minutes over medium high heat until it starts to bubble, put it to simmer on medium for another 10 minutes. Make sure you stir during this process.
- Add pepper to taste once you have added the tomato sauce
- Boil water and cook pasta.
- Drain pasta and put in serving bowl. Add half the tuna sauce and mix well.
PS, You will have enough Tuna Sauce to freeze it for another time