Our chicken rice casserole recipe is going to blow your mind! It has delicious flavors, healthy ingredients, and it will be ready before your oven reaches full temperature for this dish. Why do we call it chicken yum yum? Because it’s yummy!! This chicken rice casserole is great for families or for anyone doing meal prep. My son, Nathaniel, makes this for his meal prep, and it’s always his favorite because it’s so filling but also packed with nutrients. Pro-tip, add extra water if you think you need it. Sometimes the rice needs more water just depending on the oven and how much of the butter it absorbs during the first steps.
Chicken Yum Yum Rice Casserole
- 1 Cup Rice
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- ½ Red Pepper Diced
- 6 Oz Mushrooms
- 1-2 Cups Chicken Diced & Cooked
- 1 Can Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Carrots Slivered or Shaved
- 1 Onion Diced
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Brown your rice in your butter and Worcestershire sauce on medium/medium-high heat. After around 1 minute, add your mushrooms so they can sautee.
- After another minute of browning, add your red pepper, onions, carrots, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add your can of celery soup and mix. Add your water and mix.
- Add your chicken and mix everything together. Cook for another 30 seconds or so and then transfer everything to an oven-proof dish.
- Cook this delicious blend in your oven for 45 minutes OR until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve and enjoy ?