Today we show you how to make this super easy French Onion Soup recipe! We love french onion soup and we love Vidalia onions. You don’t have to use Vidalia onions specifically for French Onion Soup but they are just now coming in season. Feel free to use any onion or mix and match onions. This is such an easy soup recipe and the flavors are so tasty too. It’s the perfect combo of sweet and savory! Enjoy this one.
French Onion Soup
- 6 Cups Vidalia Onions Sliced
- ¼ Cup Melted Butter
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Quarts Hot Beef Broth
- ½ Cup Dry White Wine or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Swiss Cheese Shredded
- Saute sliced onions in butter and olive oil until golden brown (around 20 minutes). Mix every 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add your wine and mix. Cook for another minute.
- Add your salt, pepper, and flour. Stir and let cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add your warm beef broth and set your pan to simmer. Cook for another 20 minutes, stirring every 3 to 5 minutes.
- Spoon the soup into overnproof bowls. Top with croutons and cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!