We love a good meat sauce with pasta, lasagna, and stuffed shells! This recipe is so easy and only uses a few ingredients. My spin to this recipe is adding muffuletta (olive mixture) and grilled tomatoes. You can add whatever you like to make this recipe your own. Use my base and play around with flavors you enjoy. PS, here is the muffuletta we use.
Easy Bolognese Meat Sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 2 shallots
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- 2 cups of tomato sauce of your choice
- 1 cup olive muffuletta
- 2 pounds grilled cherry tomatoes with skin removed
- Sautée onions and shallot with salt.
- Add beef (pre-cooked or not)
- Add muffuletta (special ingredient)
- Let cook for a few minutes, stirring.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Add cherry tomatoes.
- Cook for 20 minutes. This recipe takes a total of 30 minutes. If you are serving with pasta, start boiling water when you start this recipe.