One of our favorite recipes is an Italian panini. We’ve been making them for years and it’s so simple! If you aren’t familiar with panini, it’s basically a pressed sandwich with grilled or toasted bread, usually with cheese, and other toppings. Don’t own a panini maker? Don’t worry! If you don’t own a panini maker then just pop the sandwich on a pan and cook each side or use an oven toaster. What’s really great about panini’s is that they’re so versatile. You can make them with so many different types of meats and cheeses, and all of that can go on any type of bread. This panini specifically uses mortadella, capocollo, muffalata, mozzarella, and provolone. Pro tip: get your meats sliced as thin as possible. We find the flavors to be better the thinner the cuts.
- 4 Ciabatta Rolls
- ½ Pound Mozzarella Cheese Thinly Sliced
- ½ Pound Provolone Cheese Thinly Sliced
- ½ Pound Capocollo Thinly Sliced
- ½ Pound Moeradella Thinly Sliced
- Muffalata Optional
- Heat up your panini press.
- On your ciabatta roll, add muffalata (optional) and around 1/4th of each meat and cheese.
- Do this for all 4 ciabatta rolls.
- Place your sandwich on your panini press and heat for around 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!